Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Eye cream = puffy eyes???

So, I used my new eye cream yesterday night for the first time and I woke up with my eyes swollen. Like when you've been crying a lot and you go to sleep and the next morning your eyes look as puffy as they can look? Ok, kinda like that. I know it's not an alergy beacuse I had no itch or eruption or redness or pain anything. Could it be that they were too moistured? is that even possible?


I applied the eye cream on the sides of my eyes, on my eyelids and right underneath the eye.


I'm using eye cream because it's not recomendable to use the cream you use on your face in your eyes as well because it's not made for that and it could leave them puffy. That's why eye creams were created. Besides the skin around the eyes is the first one to show sings of aging and eye creams help with that too.





The puffiness DID dissapear... but I never ever have the eyes as puffy when I wake up unless I had been crying the night before.Eye cream = puffy eyes???
Hi! Your face and body perspire at night and if there is any cream on your face, especially under eyes, it will stop your skin from releasing the perspiration and you will end up with a puffy look. I am a makeup artist, and never go to bed with eye cream or anything oily under your eyes before you go to bed. If I use anything at night, it is a vitamin C serum on my face and neck, but not under eyes. Your skin needs to be moisturized in the morning and then add your eye cream or silcone filler (like Estee Lauder Idealist) and don't eat any sodium (salt, soup, pickles, chips, tomatoe juice, pop, club soda etc.) before you go to bed. Stay away from anything with mineral oil in the first 3 ingredients, because that is the worst. You are so lucky that you still are young, because as you get older, your eyes get puffier even without crying. Crying is a sign that you are a caring, sweet person and be happy you can cry because the more hard and synical you are, it is harder to cry. It's actually a gift from God to cry and release toxins and pent up angst. Good Luck to you sweet girl.Eye cream = puffy eyes???
Hey i added your question to eyehospital.blogspot . If u give me u r photo,,i will put it there.....Hope u dont mind....thank you...editor sanal Report Abuse

if you use eye cream, it takes very little to do the trick. If you apply too much, then your skin can't absorb it all. It will also cause puffy eyes in the long run. I know what you're going through if I shed one tear or don't wash or don't wash off eye-makeup...the next day you'd be able to tell from a mile away.
Hate to tell you but this is a reaction to the product you should return it to the store for a refund! Do not use it again. To reduce the effects of the product try tea bags (wet them) put them into the fridge and once cold rest on your eyes for about 20 min. this will help with the puffiness. After they have been soothed(back to normal) contact your Avon rep or go on line www.youravon.com and ask for a sample of their clinical eye lift product. It has a gel for the upper lid and a cream for the lower lid. I have very sensitive skin and have used the product for 2 months with nothing but immediate favorable results. good luck.
get two metal tablespoons stick them in the freezer. Then apply to eyes.. it takes the puffiness away..
Um, that IS an allergic reaction. Use used tea bags. It has worked for women for generations. You can't go wrong.
Don't use that cream ever again. It obviously is causing some type of allergic reaction. Major bummer
Swelling is an allergenic reaction. Don't use the cream again unless you happen to like that look. lol
Allergic reactions take many shapes and forms and it sounds like you are defiantly having one. Believe it or not there is a product known for it's ';shrinking'; abilities...preparation H. I am completely serious, a little bit under the eyes takes the puffiness and swelling away and it helps moisturize! It doesn't hurt to give it a try. Good luck!
First, are you massaging your eyes area too hard? If it is, does it make your eyes watery? I had this experience that when I massage cream around my eyes area, it will be tired and watery, eg : tears coming out from my eyes. It's a normal reaction when your eyes are too tired I guess. And could this cause your eyes to be swollen the next day like you said as though you've cried last night?





Next, try not to put too much cream on it. Lightly dap with ur ring finger and see if it happens again. If it does, possibility is, you're allergic to it. Should try to switch to eye gel instead.
Name some obscure thing.





somewhere someone is allergic to it.





People can be allergic to anything. they were created by people with things of nature and things man made. there is not one product out there that someone cmight not be alleric too. Even hypoallergenic stuff contains stuff that MIGHT react with a certain person.





I have food allergies. I can not have peanuts. milk, meat. If I get potatoes that were cooked in peanut oil i have a reaction.





swelling is an allergic reaction
You don't have to have itching or redness to have an allergic reaction. There just may be an ingerdient in there that your eyes are sensitive to. I would reccomend an eye cream made for sensitive eyes. You are correct in the fact that the eye area ages quicker... the skin around the eyes is 3 times thinner than anywhere else...that is why special creams are made...some facial creams are too concentrated for that delicate area.
Owie.....Ask your doctor, you might have an allergic reaction, try using bare minerals or lay off the eyecream.

No comments:

Post a Comment